3-Day Red Lips Challenge

On Wednesday, I went on a 3-Day Red Lips Challenge with Nat where we each were to explore different textures and tones of red on our lips, and share the looks on Instagram.
It was a really fun challenge to do, especially when I always love me a classic red lip. 

While I love my reds, I know how much work it can be perfecting your edges when putting them on, and also making sure that your lippie doesn't smudge or fade through the day. 
Red lipsticks can also come off intimidating to some, which I totally get. It took me a while to get used to them too. But really trust me, once you get used to it, you'll always reach for red - I promise!



On Day 1, I wore Red Square by P2 (a German drugstore brand).
This lipstick is immensely moisturizing and has a really flattering color. It's so pigmented as well, and wears really nicely. The moisturizing properties however meant that these don't last as long through the day... still, that doesn't bother me because this shade is simply gorgeous.  

Day 2 looks a little similar to the Day 1, but leans a little more cherry. It's a little combination of Dior 999 Lipstick over ColourPop Bichette.
It also happens to be the only day I managed to capture a decent picture for this blog post. Meep.

On the last day, I thought of ending things with a bang and went with this matte ombré lip. It's definitely not for everyday-wear (at least not for me), but I find it really interesting and thought you know, fuck it.
This is actually really simple to produce - just a quick coat of NYX Eden with a little matte navy shadow dusted on the corners. I feel it looks much better on my Instagram post though. The flash from my camera brightened the actual color a little too much over here. 

Now before I end this post, I just want to share Nat's looks (Day 1 // Day 2 // Day 3). She did really amazing and I loved how she did not stick to the typical mindset of balancing reds with nudes - this girl definitely is experimental!
She has information on products used to accomplish these looks on her blog if you'd like to check them out. She's also on Instagram @natziwang 


Let me know if you guys would like to see more of such challenge, and also which day's look do you like best! xoxo 

1 comment:

  1. Awww, thank you so much for the feature! <3

    ReplyDelete