ColourPop Cosmetics | Swatches & Review


With ColourPop going wild on social media, it was literally a pain to once again be deprived of amazing looking products that do not ship to Singapore. Thankfully though, Sharmain whom I met on Instagram was kind enough to pool together orders and have them shipped via concierge. My makeup lust was thus sooooooo gratefully satisfied.

It was a tough decision when I had to to restrict myself to 6 pieces (exercising self-restraint lol)... so I decided to be spontaneous and picked whichever catches my eye first.




From Left: Animal ("electric bright neon coral with a subtle flash of gold"), Ibiza ("bright turquoise with a silver and gold duo chrome finish"), Slave2Pink("electric neon pink loaded up with blue, violet, hot pink and silver glitter with an insanely metallic duo chrome finish"), Empire ("fiercely rich emerald green")

As the brand itself suggests, ColourPop shadows do POP. They are such in-your-face shades, I went "oh shit" for a minute and had to weigh my makeup balls post-swatching. 
Even light swatches captured in videos on Instagram were beautiful enough to garner fans. Animal and Slave2Pink were hot favorites, and I can totally see why. Both are also the only shadows I've worn so far. 

That being said, I'm not going to be biased because Ibiza and Empire are as gorgeous. I've got a vision of Empire smoldering a smokey eye, and Ibiza the protagonist of an exotic composition. I honestly cannot wait to experiment! 


Texture-wise, they are uniquely soft, sort of like how a cream shadow would be... but less wet and more velvety smooth if that makes sense! Pigmentation is absolute ace (yes I just have to say it again), and application is a breeze. They are so easy to work with.

To top that off, once these shadows set (in seconds), they don't budge. Nor crease.

I know bold colours are not for everyone, but personally it's go bold or go home with these babies. Safe to say, I'm completely impressed and entirely sold! 


Now Bichette ("deep red wine in a matte finish") is another example of an awesome product.  As a fan of reds, this definitely is among the more interesting ones in my collection. A red that leans over to the dark side, Bichette is a statement by itself. Call it an unconventional choice, but I find it appropriate for everyday and office-wear even. 

I love how moisturizing it's formula is and the fact it doesn't emphasize lip lines at all nor bleed. Note however that the moisturizing properties of Bichette contradicts ColourPop's advertising of it being a matte shade. This product does not dry entirely matte unless you blot it with a tissue after application. 
I strongly recommend blotting it at least once because moisturizing lipstick = smudges easily. Pair that with pigmentation + long wear = staining, and that's not cute (trust me, I learnt that the hard way). 



The last one I've got is Scandy ("cool toned neon pink pencil"), an eye-catching lip liner with a matte finish. It is the brightest of all lip colours I've got, and is such a beauty to look at.

Unlike Bichette, Scandy didn't impress me too much in terms of texture. It felt a little dry and scratchy to apply, and had the lines on my lips amplifiedNow I know lip liners are not exactly meant to be worn allover, but they can be. 
I must add that it's a shame this product doesn't last over a couple hours on the lips when worn by itself. You'll definitely have to reapply it in-between to keep your lips looking fly. 
So beautiful colour aside, I'm on the fence with Scandy. 

****************************************

As a whole, I'm truly pleased with my acquisition -- only wish I had gotten more!
I would also like to mention the fact ColourPop is an animal-friendly brand that only test on humans -- extra brownie points!!

At just US$5.00 each, I wish they would start shipping to Singapore soon so we can all be blessed with colors of the rainbow.
The shades I got probably isn't for everyone, but I really suggest you take the plunge if you're toying with the idea of working with "unconventional" makeup. I swear, wearing bold lipsticks is as effective as having 0-calorie chocolates on a grumpy day. They make you feel unbeatable!



p.s. I did not read the website or packaging print prior to using the Shadow/Pigments... and as it turns out, Animal and Slave2Pink are not for eye use. Thankfully they did not cause me any discomfort, but I would still like to highlight this and urge everyone who plan to use products unsuitable for the eye area to be extra careful and to have them removed ASAP should any discomfort arise. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment