Nice to Meet You


HELLO, and welcome to my makeup/beauty blog! 
If you were redirected from my previous platforms under the user DiamondInRouge, THANK YOU for following through. I'm really excited to go on a fresh slate and get my little shenanigans back on track. And if you're a complete new reader, THANK YOU too for stopping by (I hope you'll stay!!)

Since we're starting out fresh, I believe an introduction Q&A would be good protocol!

Tell us a little about yourself!
My name is Maria, and I'm an undergraduate living in Singapore. As humans we all seek perfection, and that probably explains my fascination for all things beauty-related. As we go by, you'll likely find out that I've got a huge penchant for bright, glistering objects. (Yup, totally a magpie in my past-life.)

What shall we expect from this blog?
Essentially, this is a lifestyle blog stitched together with a little bit of everything, and a lot of makeup. You'll find reviews/demos and ramblings on what the world of beauty has to offer, as well as the occasional food/baking posts.

Why "Glow Me Away"?I love the play of words in puns, and swears by that effortless summer glow... so put them all together and there you have it -- Glow me away!

Are you a professional, or self-taught? 
I have to stress on the fact that I am no professional. Wearing makeup, and venturing to the beauty world is simply a hobby that I very much enjoy. Besides, regardless of being a pro or not, beauty and art is subjective so to each his own! If you enjoy my work, I truly appreciate that. And if you don't, I will always welcome opinions and constructive criticisms :)

What was the first makeup item you bought?
I remember it was some grape-scented clear gloss from Chameleon which made me look like I just ate a couple fried chicken and forgot to clean up. Definitely not the best look for a chubby 10 year-old.

Where else can I find you/your work?
I'm on both Twitter and Instagram @glowmeaway.
Unfortunately my YouTube url is not eligible for change at the moment... so while the username is similarly listed as GlowMeAway, link remains at youtube.com/diamondinrouge until I hit 500 subscribers (183 more; YouTube's change criteria).

Can I leave you feedback/requests? 
Yes of course! I welcome feedback/requests/collaborations, and you can contact me regarding all that at glowmeaway@yahoo.com


I hope the above makes a good introductory post thus far. If there's a question in mind that you don’t see here, please feel free to post it below or drop me an email! 
xoxo 

0 comments:

Post a Comment